Module 6: Information Literacy and
Academic Writing 1
Information Literacy & Academic Writing 1: relating information literacy to academic writing:
- Study skills for Academic Writing (Time management, Reading and Note Taking)
- Developing critical analysis: the cognitive domain
- Basic Principles of Written English (proofreading and self-editing; revision vs. editing; common errors in grammar, punctuation, and spelling; understanding tone and diction; vocabulary development)
- Line by Line- Academic Writing and the process of composition
- Academic Writing for different disciplines (e.g. writing for science and engineering, humanities, the Social Sciences).